August 31, 2010

Toms and Cukes

Summer weather has returned thankfully. Last week it seemed like October had arrived. Summer is always so short and I like to take advantage of every minute, except when it’s 29° outside (before the humidity is tacked on!). It’s back to dinners that keep you cool.


With the bounty at the markets I don’t know how some people still aren’t eating their veggies. Maybe because I’ve always loved my vegetables my mom never had a problem with my sister and I getting our full servings +. I contribute this love to my easy transition to being vegetarian.


On my way home from work I popped by the market and picked up some cucumbers to go with the tiny tomatoes on my counter. With the weather being a scorcher, a tomato and cucumber salad was a nice and easy dinner. It was made a little more filling by the addition of feta cheese on top.



To make: Chop cucumbers into bite-sized pieces and cut the tomatoes in half (if you’re using larger tomatoes, cut them into bite-sized pieces as well). Crumble feta cheese on top and drizzle some salad dressing of your choice (I used a homemade balsamic dressing). Lastly, sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.

0 comments:

Post a Comment