May 17, 2013

Corn Tortillas



I used to love rice tortillas. When they arrived in the city, they were so versatile and we used them all the time. We used them for burritos, quesadillas, wraps and sandwiches, and were perfect for my beloved peanut butter and banana sandwiches. 




But then something happened and these wonderful tortillas became the worst things around; they kept breaking and it wasn’t just us. It seems like it’s been such a long time in trying to track something else down.

Luckily, on a trip to Kingston I stopped in at the Silly Yak. While I don’t buy much baking anymore, I discovered small corn tortillas. I bought a small pack to see what they were like and they were quickly devoured as chicken tacos.


On subsequent trips we picked up more and in larger packages. We have fallen in love with them. Although we use them for tacos, there’s no reason not to use them for other things; just shrink the size of it. Instead on one p.b & banana sandwich, I’ve got two.
 

So far we’ve tried Mission (from Texas) and Calidad (from California) and we’ve been happy with them both. While corn tortillas are naturally gluten-free, these companies have labelled their tortillas as such.

0 comments:

Post a Comment