August 9, 2011

Zucchini Patties

Zucchini seems to be in endless supply right now at the market. I know it will sadly come to an end once September rolls around, but it sad all around as most of our wonderful fresh produce is wrapping up. It is some time yet, so I can’t think about and get sad about it; I must enjoy it while it’s around.

Last week I made these great zucchini patties that are so easy to make. I use my gluten-free flour mix and you can substitute whatever cheese you like (the parmesan adds nice flavour though). With a little olive oil they fry up nicely and become a fairly healthy side dish. They also taste great cold for those sweltering days or those backyard potlucks that pop up every weekend. Next time I’m going to adding a bit of a zip to it and add a dash of cayenne and use a milder cheese – mmmmm.


Zucchini Patties      Serves 4     20 minutes
2 cups grated zucchini
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup chopped onion
½ cup  gf flour
½ cup grated parmesan
½ cup grated mozzarella
salt to taste
In a medium bowl combine all ingredients. Drop mixture by heaping spoonfuls onto a hot fry pan & cook a few minutes on each side until golden.

0 comments:

Post a Comment