February 3, 2011

Thai Fish Soup

I already had a post in mind for today, but as I was walking home today looking at the mounds of snow I changed my mind. We were walloped yesterday. And while other areas have been hit harder this winter (ah those poor Maritimers) I looked out the window yesterday morning and didn’t want to leave. It looked miserable and when the wind came up, it was. The poor Honey had shovelling to do after his day at work, just like everyone else.

Warm soup like this Thai Fish Soup is perfect for these situations. It warms you up inside and it’s super fast to make. It’s also flexible; put in whatever you want. I had forgotten to buy some green onions so I used some leek instead.

With winter around a few months more, this soup helps those days pass.


 Thai-Style Fish Soup      Serves 4        10 minutes to prepare
4 cups veggie broth
2 tsp hot chili-garlic sauce
3 tbs chopped pickled ginger
1 cup rice noodles
1 can chunked tuna, drained
2 green onions, sliced
Pour broth into a saucepan. Bring to a boil & add all ingredients. Cook for another 5 mins on med-low, until noodles are soft. Serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment