January 31, 2011

Gluten-Free Mac & Cheese


One of the Honey’s favourite things is Kraft Dinner. I don’t understand the fascination with it and why people like it so much. To me there is nothing natural about it and it’s orange. And it’s a crazy colour of orange too. I have had it, long long ago and I’ve tried my best throughout the years to avoid making it.

To subdue the Honey I learned how to make it from scratch. It seems daunting at first, but it’s actually quite easy. With gluten-free elbow pasta being easier to find on the market it is just like the stuff mom used to make. Let’s be honest, mac & cheese is not the same with penne or fusilli pasta.


The best part: you can choose what kind of cheese you want (the picture below is with old cheddar).


Macaroni with Gruyère & Parmesan  Serves 8 (20 minutes to prepare)
1 lb macaroni
2 tbs butter
1 cup grated gruyère cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese
¼ cup cream or milk
1 tsp salt
½ tsp white pepper
Cook the pasta in boiling water & drain. Stir in butter, cheese, cream & seasonings. Combine & serve.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everybody needs a Mac 'n Cheese recipe in their cooking repertoire. I'd never seen making it as a "daunting" task, but finding the perfect recipe has been.  ツ

Post a Comment