January 21, 2011

Want to be a Barista?

I’ve become quite the regular at the Bridgehead coffee shops downtown. Since I work from office to office I’m a transient by day – moving from my students’ offices instead of them coming to me. The major drawback is that I’m buying a lot of my coffee (aka expensive lattes) and tea on the go in addition to many lunches instead of having a place to brew my own and sit to eat my lunch. The upside: I get to go to Bridgehead often (lactose-free milk for my lattes and fabulous soups that are usually gluten and dairy free).

On a recent morning run, as I was waiting for a sugar-loaded latte that was to be my breakfast, I saw a little card for a coffee seminar.


Bridgehead and The Urban Element are teaming up for seminars to help improve one’s ‘at home barista skills’. While you learn how to brew that espresso and pour the steamed milk creatively you can munch on some of the great tasting goodies made at the kitchens of Bridgehead and Urban Element (if you’re concerned about the GF options, contact Urban Element to see if accommodations can be made). It sounds like a lot of fun and if it’s not for you, it may make a original gift idea.


Workshops take place Jan 23, Feb 20, Mar 27, and Apr 17 at The Urban Element on Parkdale Ave. Prices are $75/person. Contact them for more info.

0 comments:

Post a Comment