November 15, 2010

Comfort Food

Everyone has their idea of comfort food. For some it’s soup that sticks to your ribs, for others its crispy salty potato chips, and possibly mom’s cooking. I have many depending on my mood and last week it was peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I didn’t eat these all the time as a child, but I did eat them often. They were one of my favourites. I have fond memories of the peanut butter sticking to the roof of my mouth or being the sticky contrast to the soft banana. They also got me through university and have become a quick no-fail sandwich in my ‘real world’ life. With my hectic (read erratic and quasi-crazy) schedule of late they are perfect for a filling lunch while packing a protein punch.


These tortillas make wrapping the pb & banana a sinch (found them at Metro in Barrhaven).


Friends have mentioned how much their tea consumption has gone up in the last month or so; mostly due to the cooler weather rolling in and the dreary skies. Tea, no matter the type, flavour, and caffeine level, has a way of making everything alright. It makes you feel warm inside and the cool weather outside seems to disappear.

Last week I put tea aside for my chocolate cravings. I needed hot chocolate. Luckily there was a box of chocolate almond milk in the cupboard. After a few minutes in the microwave (or on the stove if you must) you have a nice cup of hot chocolate.


The Honey and I have spent many evenings curled up on the couch with a cup of warm, thick, velvety chocolate drink. Even he doesn’t miss the milk.

0 comments:

Post a Comment