July 26, 2010

Mmmm Bagels

This week I’m taking a break from cereal. After a week or two a change is needed. Part of the change is due to finding some gluten free bagels at the Natural Pantry at Billings Bridge.


Every once in a while I’ll pick up one of their products usually to try it out, and especially if it’s on sale. Sorry, I’m not one for paying $7-8 for some GF cupcakes or bagels. But Friday was my lucky day. There on the sale shelf were a few bags of GF bagels. Once I got home, I sliced them up and popped them in the freezer.


This morning I enjoyed a nice toasted bagel, one half with peanut butter and the other half with Black Pearl Jam (blueberry jam from a summer sale in Paris, Ontario – in a Christmas present from my little sister).



My bagel was crisp on the outside and soft on the inside; just how I like my bagels. I enjoyed it so much that my scrapes and bruises from white-water rafting on the weekend hurt significantly less. I have some rhubarb jam left so I’m looking forward to having that on my bagel tomorrow morning. Sometimes it’s just the simple pleasures you need in life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment