July 31, 2011

Fusilli Pasta

This post started out with the idea that I’d write about how great zucchini is and the recipe I have for pasta with zucchini and herbs. When it was done I soon realized I had already posted the recipe. Well, zucchini is great and sometimes I don’t know what to do with it. The green is so deep and textured while the yellow is so sunny and warm. With them in season the mild flavour makes you forget about the foreign imposters available mid-winter.


I made the dish again recently because with its light dressing acting as a sauce it’s a nice dish for a warm evening. And I don’t doubt it would be tasty cold for those sweltering days. However, it can be hard finding a nice fusilli that doesn’t fall apart when it’s cooked. La Veneziane makes a great fusilli and recently I found Divella at La Bottega in the Market.


Unable to resist a gluten-free product, especially pasta, I picked it up. Like others on myfavourite products page, it holds up nicely. It keeps it shape and can support vegetables and a sauce. The bag is reasonably priced and easy to find in the Ottawa area (the Nicastro stores are affiliated with La Bottega so check out their gf pasta choices too).

0 comments:

Post a Comment