June 16, 2011

Salmon Burgers & Cheater Aioli

BBQ is upon us and like many others we picked up a new BBQ. Ours was on its last legs and last summer it did more scorching than cooking. You can BBQ almost anything; I’ve even heard of chocolate cake done on the BBQ. That’s too advanced for me. Sometimes our grill gets a little extravagant, but usually it’s quite simple.

I love these salmon patties from Metro. They don’t have many ingredients and more importantly, the salmon tastes great. They are also gluten-free.


I have rarely put these on a bun as I prefer to let the flavour shine on its own or complimented with something else. In summer months they are perfect on the BBQ and topped with some aioli. My aioli is a cheater version; nice and quick. I found this is a magazine many years ago and adopted it. It’s so easy to make and you can customize it with different herbs or adding more garlic or lemon, or possibly some herbed oil.


Aioli Sauce
5 minutes; 1 cup
1 cup mayonnaise
3 tbs fresh lemon juice
2 tbs olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
black pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
**Will keep for a week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment