February 10, 2011

Under the Weather

With the up and down temperatures we’ve been having it was bound to happen. With going in and out of buildings every few hours it was bound to happen. With my diet of granola bars and tea as a result of fatigue and not wanting to make anything it was bound to happen. I got sick.


It isn’t very often I say that I don’t want to go to work. I enjoy what I do and work with amazing and interesting people. When the words do come out of my mouth it isn’t usually due to me or my job, like last Wednesday when we had a crazy snowstorm. One look out the window and I wanted to stay inside in my pj’s. The last thing I wanted to do was truck around in a pile of blowing snow, but I did. This morning was another story. With a severe tummy ache I knew I staying in bed was the choice to make.


Tummy grumblings are nothing new, but this wasn’t from something I knew I shouldn’t eat. Nor had I been around any sickies. It was perplexing. More sleep was needed. Finally when I knew I needed to be vertical for a bit longer I made some tea and gluten-free pumpernickel bread. I took a trip to my parents’ and visited a great gluten-free bakery (post to follow) where I picked up some pumpernickel bread. You would never know it was gluten-free. It’s light, soft, and delicious.


My day was spent with toast and some tea and flipping though a magazine when I could concentrate.


It did have some perks though. I had some good company.



0 comments:

Post a Comment